- Son Heung-Min was withdrawn at the break in Tottenham's 1-1 draw with Newcastle with a hamstring issue and joins Gareth Bale and Japhet Tanganga on the sidelines.
- Moussa Sissoko was taken ill shortly before the stalemate and he is unlikely to feature here, but Sergio Reguilon is in line to make his debut.
- Dele Alli wasn't part of the 18-man matchday squad on Sunday, and has supposedly been left out of the squad here, while Tanguy Ndombele, Steven Bergwijn and Erik Lamela are among those who may feature.
- Edouard Mendy joined Chelsea from Rennes last week and is expected to make his debut here.
- Billy Gilmour, Hakim Ziyech and Christian Pulisic all miss out through injury, while Antonio Rudiger, who has been linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge, is set to miss out again.
- Ben Chilwell is expected to start at left-back, while Cesar Azpilicueta will likely come on on the opposite flank.
- Olivier Giroud and Callum Hudson-Odoi are among those set to feature from the off.
Don't trash Lampard. Frank is doing a fantastic job, he was just outclassed on the day.
@Kal_Friksen How about the previous matches ?
Chelsea on track to getting relegated with Lampard
Chelsea played the better of the two in the first half but only had one goal to show for it. Second half Chelsea seemed to have counted their chickens before they hatched. #Spursy
Five excellent penalties from Tottenham!
Reguilon seemed a little eager to impress and that lead to a couple mistakes in the first half, but the second half he was outstanding. Looks like Bale's enjoyed that too, happy for them.
another fail for clown Lampard, 250 milion euros thrown in the water! :DDD
Nice Mendy. 5/5 wrong direction
@alx30 He sucks, doesn't he? Kepa and Caballero, for that matter, are miles better.
Where is celso ?
@tuhin very likely rested for Thursday.
@tuhin resting, tottenham play in 2 days.
5 shots tot ? omg..
Where is the Azpilicueta assist?
@waddo Wasn't one
@neumi17 how so? He was the final pass before the shot
@waddo It got deflected of a Tottenham player before
To produce only one shot on goal is not very impressive for a home team.
Ugly negative football from Mourinho
@benj is not ugly nor negative, if you only like high octane attacking football is your problem
Lol those deluded spuds comments you gonna get rekt
@7dana LOL, not today.
Oof they spent how much on Reguillon? That was embarrassing.
@tkr He's usually quite good. Definitely better than Chilwell
Ofc captain Werner can suddenly score again here
Ht : X Ft : 2
With one eye on Thursday, no home crowd, and Son injured it's difficult to see a win for Tottenham if Chelsea play their best 11. Hopefully, a first appearance of Reguilon can raise the home side's spirits. Tottenham 2-1 Chelsea.
Worrying that Dele isn't even on the bench :/
@MEHJones Mourinho has given up on him.
@Fromhell Seems that way
Spurs - Chelsea 1-0
Tottenham 8 matches in 4 days they will bottle this without son
@Ndt07 Mourinho bus parking masterclass.
Over 2.5 goals
@nexus747 I'll be shocked if Spurs don't win 2-0.
attention quand même a la surprise, c'est la coupe de la ligue, tottenham peut surprendre au moin pour le nul jouer double 12 ou N2
Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham
@SagorSrkian Tottenham 1-2 Chelsea
I would wait for team news an hour before kick-off.Lampard may decide to play more first teamers after their poor draw at West brom.
I think Spurs won't care about this game, they have 4 games in 8 days
lol no way will we see a midfield 2 of Barkley and Jorginho in a game like the one predicted